Shihan Kevin Lintott, Renshi
Kevin D Lintott Shihan, Renshi |||||| Rokudan (6th Degree Black Belt) Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu;
Okuden Menkyo Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu; Headmaster of Goshinkan JuJitsu; President Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association
Home Dojo: Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu, Red Deer AB Canada
Shihan K.D. Lintott is a 6th degree black belt in Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu awarded on September 16, 2011 by National Standards and Certification Board (NSCB) of the American Ju-Jitsu Association.
Shihan K.D. Lintott is a Machi-bugyo (Commissioner) in Edo Machi-kata Taiho-Jutsu and the Western Canadian Director.
Shihan K.D. Lintott is a 5th degree black belt in Can-Ryu Ju Jitsu awarded on September 16, 2006, promoted by O-Sensei G. Sylvain 10th Dan (founder Can-Ryu).
Shihan Lintott also holds the rank of Shodan 1st degree black belt in Jishin-Do Jiu-Jitsu under Kyoshi Chris Bissett.
Shihan is an active police officer for our nations police force. He worked in Protective Services for over ten years in the Calgary area including as a private bodyguard for Castle Training and Consulting. In 1990 he took Hapkido and a year or so later started private lessons in Ju-Jitsu.
In February 2002 Shihan founded the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association (AJJA). This is a non-profit organization that aims to bring together Jiu-Jitsu (Ju-Jitsu) practitioners within Alberta, and to promote the art to non-members.
Shihan has worked hard to encourage the growth of this organization, and its members, by providing the necessary leadership to ensure its goals and objectives are achieved.
In less than a year the first Jiu-Jitsu tournament for the AJJA members and the province of Alberta was held. Shihan has also founded the Alberta Kid Safe Association (AKSA) as an organization within the AJJA, and the ASDS organization, which was founded years earlier, is now run under the AJJA as the Black Belt College program.
Shihan has had the pleasure of training and training with several members of: CPS; EPS; RPS; RPS Tactical Unit; RCMP; RCMP Tactical Members; SFPD; and members of the Canadian Military.
- Author of all thirteen editions of the Goshinkan-Ryu Adult; Master's; Junior; Junior Black Belt; Little Samurai curriculum manual and syllabus.
- Author and founder of Little Samurai Program and one of the first Shogun JuJitsu programs in Alberta.
- Owner of Goshin Martial Arts Schools / Chief Instructor for all Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu Dojos.
- Chief Instructor for the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association.
- Alberta Provincial Grappling Coach.
- Minor Baseball Coach.
- 20 years experience in Jiu-Jitsu / JuJutsu; has been instructing for most of these years and began testing students in 1998.
- Worked as a professional Doorman for over 10 years in Calgary.
- Holds Black Belt ranks in three styles of modern Jiu-Jitsu and has studied two styles of traditional JuJutsu.
- Holds Can-Ryu Diplomas for the level One; level Two & level Three Can-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu Instructor's License under O'Sensei Professor Georges Sylvain, the Founder of Can-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu.
- Studied Eishin-Ryu Iaido under Sensei Dave Rathnow.
- Level 3 Arnis De Cadena & Balintawak Cuentada Eskrima under Guro Joel Huncar.
- President and founding member of the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association (AJJA).
- President and founder of Alberta Kid Safe Association (AKSA).
- Founder of Alberta Self-Defense Systems(ASDS)Black Belt College program in 2003.
- Founder and Instructor for the Door-1 Security Program in 1999.
- NCPPCT Instructor (nerve centre pressure point control tactics) Licensed under Professor G Sylvain.
- PPPCT Instructor (police pressure point control tactics).
- ECT Instructor (escort control tactics).
- PECT Instructor (police escort control tactics).
- Persuader Key Chain Instructor - Beginner and Advanced.
- Japanese Suntetsu Instructor.
- Yawara stick instructor.
- Self-Defense Instructor - Beginner and Advanced.
- Security Instructor.
- Level 1 National Coaching Certification Program.
- Has graded over 40 Black Belt's.
- NSA Field Level 2 Agent for Kid-Safe Network.
- Diploma in Police Sciences specializing in Law Enforcement & Protection.
- Chief instructor for: Inukshuk Bushido Kai; AJJA; Goshin Karate Jutsu; Shindo-Ryu JuJitsu Dojo's.
- Member of: AJJA (Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association); CJU (Canadian Jiu-Jitsu Union)
- Shihan Lintott is a member of the AJA (American Ju Jitsu Association), and a member of WJJF (World Ju Jitsu Federation).
- Shihan Lintott's current rank is recognized by: AJA (American Ju-Jitsu Association); and AJJIF (All Japan Jujitsu International Federation); AJJA (Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association).
- 2009 Provincial JuJitsu Instructor of the Year.
- 2010 Northern JuJitsu Instructor of the Year.
- 2011 Master JuJitsu Instructor and JuJitsu Mentor of the Year.
- Machi-bugyo (Commissioner) in Edo Machi-kata Taiho-Jutsu and the Western Canadian Director.