Become an affiliated dojo.
Students, Instructors and Clubs who are without an instructor (Ronin), or who wish to add a focus on practical, effective, self-defense.
- Comprehensive insurance package that covers your dojo and your students
- Your dojo will be listed on the Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu and AJJA (Alberta JuJitsu Association) website
- Greater student retention for your dojo through participation in Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu events
- Media coverage of events & individuals, as well as support in getting exposure for your dojo (Punch Magazine & events)
- Open and continuous communication within the Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu community
- Province-wide referral service for member clubs
- Opportunities to foster the growth and promotion of JuJitsu in Alberta.
The criterion for membership in the Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu is as follows:
- Good JuJitsu (Jujutsu) skills and/or self-defense techniques
- Honorable people with good spirit (no criminals) criminal record check may be required
- Members that will participate, fund raise, and support AJJA events
- Members must also be willing to sit on the Board of Directors or volunteer time
- Provide contact information for three references, and send us information on your dojo and martial arts style—a club visitation will then be scheduled
- Final approval of an affiliate school is given in conjunction with a satisfactory review by Master Instructor Shihan K.D. Lintott, Renshi — this involves an evaluation of documentation provided, in addition to the club visitation
- Membership is open to the public from all walks of life
- Head instructors who will be hosting events or teaching at Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu events must send us a copy of their current Black Belt certification
- If you currently need a JuJitsu (Jujutsu) Instructor we can help, we also have a Black Belt Grading Board available for these circumstances—ask for grading criteria to be mailed to you
- Members must submit articles for quarterly newsletter and notify us when you would like to have a student promotion listed
- All students of the affiliate school must be Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu members in order to have your affiliate school listed on the Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu web site and to have a copy of the insurance policy
- All member schools are expected to host a technical seminar; they will be assisted by other Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu instructors and dojo owners—technical seminars are currently held quarterly throughout the year